[mR] Forums
how can i be op? (rly answer plz) - Printable Version

+- [mR] Forums (https://mikes-revenge.net)
+-- Forum: Revenge Forums (https://mikes-revenge.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://mikes-revenge.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+---- Forum: General Chat (https://mikes-revenge.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Thread: how can i be op? (rly answer plz) (/showthread.php?tid=1901)

how can i be op? (rly answer plz) - Janeator - 01-23-2012

Hello,
i was asking to many admins that how could i get the op status. And they said me that the only thing i have to do is to act normal.

But this doesn´t help me. How can i be an op just by acting normal? Who will notify that i´m acting normal?

well, i always:
-respect the sever rules
-try to solve jerk joking and other chat discussions.
-try to ban jerk and hacker people

so i think this is acting normal.
Then, tell me how can i be an op.

I saw that there´s a forum called aplications, but i can´t understand what is it for. it looks like a terrible mess.
Is it for asking for upgrades? I have read the application format, but when i try to post a new thread it says that i don´t have permission to do it. Then what?
I do not know if this is related to some kind of jerarquic (?) forum statements.

My aptitudes as an op: (like if i were on creative :B)
-I LOVE creating big things and artistic simetrical things. I´ll love to help build spawn platforms. And i love too helping build comunnity projects. I have already designed few cool & rustic things. I`m building the biggest cathedral ever on a CSP.
I build with rustic-style
-I can help on baning and detecting hacker users. I don´t like people who doesn´t play legit-way (by this i mean people who doesn´t play minecraft without mods)
-I can help on solving many users´ problems.
-I speak spanish, catalan (miecraft translation to catalan was made by me and 5 more guys) and english (btw i still learning).
-You can always trust in me if i can trust in you.

And well, that´s all. Oh, and notice that i´m 15 years old :B I think this won´t be a problem, cause i´m usually conected (legit, vanilla 1 sometimes). I have been on mR since i started playing multiplayer, and i think that it´s one of the best MC servers because mR servers are not those boring servers where everithing is built. (at least legit and vanilla).
I bought the game on july, but i have read lots of wiki :P

RE: how can i be op? (rly answer plz) - GeneralApathy - 01-23-2012

Well, like I said in a previous post to a similar topic, becoming an Op isn't something you apply for, rather it's something you are selected for by the administration and other Ops. They're also selected on a need basis; you become Op when a need rises for another one. Ops are chosen by merit. Ops tend to look for traits such as an honest character, ability to judge between right and wrong, maturity, loyalty/care for the server they Op on, and most importantly, being who they really are.

When they say act normal, they're being as helpful as they can be with you.
It's pretty obvious if you're being courteous just to be an Op. It shows you're power hungry and that you don't really care about everyone else, that you just want to become an Op.

Tl;dr Don't ask for it and be who you are. If the need arises, and you're deemed worthy by the community, you have a chance to get it.

RE: how can i be op? (rly answer plz) - Diggity_Dan - 01-23-2012

Applications for OP status are Closed. Sorry--- ps. What He /\ said.

RE: how can i be op? (rly answer plz) - Janeator - 01-24-2012

(01-23-2012, 05:20 PM)Diggity_Dan Wrote: Applications for OP status are Closed. Sorry--- ps. What He /\ said.

Uh oh.

Well i DO CARE about others, i'm not writting this to become an op just for myself, that's what i said, i need a way to demostrate it, cause it can be wrongminded

RE: how can i be op? (rly answer plz) - Phantom - 01-24-2012

(01-24-2012, 07:41 AM)Janeator Wrote:
(01-23-2012, 05:20 PM)Diggity_Dan Wrote: Applications for OP status are Closed. Sorry--- ps. What He /\ said.

Uh oh.

Well i DO CARE about others, i'm not writting this to become an op just for myself, that's what i said, i need a way to demostrate it, cause it can be wrongminded

Read the above 2 posts again, posting again isn't making the decision any better, so just stop posting about op status, sure you care about players but that's an entirely different thing. You become an op by being yoursel. Acting up to ops is just plain right kissing their ass. Sorry man, but doing that is making you not get op and proving how much of someone who is trying to hard for approval.

RE: how can i be op? (rly answer plz) - mrcougar - 01-24-2012

(01-24-2012, 07:41 AM)Janeator Wrote:

Uh oh.

DAN SAY APPS. OPS STATUS IS CLOSED :exclamation:AngryHuhSad:exclamation:

RE: how can i be op? (rly answer plz) - Michael - 01-24-2012

(01-24-2012, 02:31 PM)Phantom Wrote: Read the above 2 posts again, posting again isn't making the decision any better, so just stop posting about op status, sure you care about players but that's an entirely different thing. You become an op by being yoursel. Acting up to ops is just plain right kissing their ass. Sorry man, but doing that is making you not get op and proving how much of someone who is trying to hard for approval.

qft. thread locked.