[mR] Forums
just a idea for a new mod to be installed on the rp server - Printable Version

+- [mR] Forums (https://mikes-revenge.net)
+-- Forum: Revenge Forums (https://mikes-revenge.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://mikes-revenge.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+---- Forum: Help & Suggestions (https://mikes-revenge.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: just a idea for a new mod to be installed on the rp server (/showthread.php?tid=1908)

Pages: 1 2

just a idea for a new mod to be installed on the rp server - jamesisjam - 01-28-2012

smart moving is a great mod and it adds moves in minecraft like claiming and makes swiming faster the are more moves that are added plz look at this video to see

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRd25ZdZZI4

hope u like Wink

RE: just a idea for a new mod to be installed on the rp server - bmanrules - 01-28-2012

BTW to clarify for admins when playing in multiplayer without the mod installed on the server only the animations work( This is normal for any mod, even bmanrules shenanigans lets you have human npc's in multiplayer)

RE: just a idea for a new mod to be installed on the rp server - jamesisjam - 01-28-2012

ikr the mods animations work but no one can see Sad

RE: just a idea for a new mod to be installed on the rp server - bmanrules - 01-28-2012

Same with all model changing mods.A few people didn't understand this ingame yesterday so I will clarify. Servers don't control model files or textures. If they did texture packs wouldn't work and it wouldn't make sense, since servers are like command prompts and don't need textures or models. This means that if A client installs a model-modding-mod (try say that 10 times with toast in your mouth) it will work in both singleplayer and multiplayer, since the server has nothing to do with it. In bmanrules shenanigans mod testificates look like humans, but for everyone else without the mod they look like testificates. Same with that old cape mod I made. anyone with the mod can see them but without it you can't.Its the same with this mod too. anyone with it can see other people doing cool swimming animations and anyone without it can't. As for powersliding etc this cannot be done unless the server owner installs the plugin or mod files into the server for it.

RE: just a idea for a new mod to be installed on the rp server - craigpd - 01-28-2012

Another few more problems with installing this specific mod onto a server are as follows

*You cannot crawl under blocks

*The flying animation gets interrupted while passing beneath blocks such as trees

*Flying has to be enabled in the server config,to allow for the new player positions in the world,this would open the server to fly hackers,lagging every server that is hosted on the box (idk how.I'm guessing the box detects a drop in performance from that specific server and allocates more memory to it to compensate,taking memory away from the other servers,thus lagging them,there's my hypothesis for the week done)

*This mod does not work well on all clients,for example.My laptop HATES minecarts 1 moment I can be at -170 250,the next im in the void.My laptop hates this mod even more.Before you start saying that I need to upgrade from a shitty toshiba from 2002,I have a very up to date laptop(Acer 5551)

*Server mods can be tricky to install,Some hosted servers have people who install the mods for you,but seen as mIKe has his own dedicated box,we don't have that luxury and believe me,these mods hurt allot when they mess up.

This is an amazing mod yes (found out by playing on my friend's laptop) but it does have its downsides,sadly I think this should NOT be put into the servers,I'd love it to be but this will cause more problems than its worth.

It has a bukkit plugins that allows you to slide under blocks etc but without it people can still enjoy the new animations, so either way it doesnt really matter

RE: just a idea for a new mod to be installed on the rp server - Munchhead - 01-29-2012

We should get that one mod where you can write books and store them in bookshelves.

RE: just a idea for a new mod to be installed on the rp server - Oink_mR - 01-29-2012

That mod is called BookWorm, which can be found [Here].
It doesn't cause lag or anything so I think we should get it. It's a great plugin, being able to write your own books and share them with others. You can even store them in bookshelves.

RE: just a idea for a new mod to be installed on the rp server - craigpd - 01-29-2012

While on the topic of new plug-ins,I think we should also get the mechanisms(i think its called that) plugin,which allows castle gates to be build on a server,by simply moving placed fences up/down at the flip of a lever,ill look into it and see if i can find it on the bukkit list.

RE: just a idea for a new mod to be installed on the rp server - bmanrules - 01-29-2012

We should also install movecraft , but remove land and air travel. It would be cool to sail around the sea trading