[mR] Forums
Minecraft Legitimate Map Reset: Vote on it! - Printable Version

+- [mR] Forums (https://mikes-revenge.net)
+-- Forum: Revenge Forums (https://mikes-revenge.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: All Games (https://mikes-revenge.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Forum: Legit Survival (https://mikes-revenge.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+---- Thread: Minecraft Legitimate Map Reset: Vote on it! (/showthread.php?tid=2007)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Minecraft Legitimate Map Reset: Vote on it! - st33nburgh - 02-27-2012

(02-25-2012, 10:18 AM)Mr.Carge Wrote: The minecraft legitimate server has had the same map since November 17th 2011, it has been the same since the official release of minecraft. Now that 1.2 is about to come out, we have an opportunity to start anew, clean up abandoned builds and towns while also making sure that new biomes spawn. There is no alternative in order to get the new biomes. If it comes to pass, we will allow people to spend a little time to say goodbye to the map, or use this mod to download it:
World Downloader

So, take your time to vote on the map reset, and make sure to tell any other regulars to come and vote.
Awesome mod! I am now backing up the server just by playing on it. If you ever need a backup of build1, or 2 just let me know. Chances are I have one. I don't play on legit though so don't ask about that one Big Grin

RE: Minecraft Legitimate Map Reset: Vote on it! - GenericMissingno - 02-28-2012

will legit players be able to keep their items on map reset like vanilla did?

RE: Minecraft Legitimate Map Reset: Vote on it! - st33nburgh - 02-28-2012

(02-28-2012, 12:36 PM)GenericMissingno Wrote: will legit players be able to keep their items on map reset like vanilla did?

Thats a good idea but it would be hard to implement. Yes you can copy/paste their inventory, but you can't give players back every item they have gotten and put in chests.

RE: Minecraft Legitimate Map Reset: Vote on it! - evilL - 02-29-2012

so true, specially with my... secret chest >:-)

RE: Minecraft Legitimate Map Reset: Vote on it! - Mr.Carge - 02-29-2012

Alright, 1.2 has been announced for tomorrow. This is how the voting stands:
Reset the map?
Yes- 16 - 72.73%
No- 6- 27.27%

RE: Minecraft Legitimate Map Reset: Vote on it! - SRD420 - 02-29-2012

(02-28-2012, 02:16 PM)st33nburgh Wrote:
(02-28-2012, 12:36 PM)GenericMissingno Wrote: will legit players be able to keep their items on map reset like vanilla did?

Thats a good idea but it would be hard to implement. Yes you can copy/paste their inventory, but you can't give players back every item they have gotten and put in chests.

I think Long Term Players (say people with established regions) should be compensated.. like a standard issue chest and a new region or something like that... Smile

RE: Minecraft Legitimate Map Reset: Vote on it! - Michael - 02-29-2012

well anyone can have a new region. But honestly I think half the fun is starting from scratch with nothing. we should look for plugins to make it harder or something Big Grin

RE: Minecraft Legitimate Map Reset: Vote on it! - SRD420 - 02-29-2012

(02-29-2012, 04:23 PM)Michael Wrote: well anyone can have a new region. But honestly I think half the fun is starting from scratch with nothing. we should look for plugins to make it harder or something Big Grin

Smile it is fun building anew for sure, but we've been established for so long that loosing that much and having to completely start over is a little discouraging.. (who likes to be knocked back into the stone age in the middle of a technological era?) Smile

RE: Minecraft Legitimate Map Reset: Vote on it! - Mr.Carge - 02-29-2012

Uh... we could add a minerals plug-in?
Like... Metallurgy. It adds another 8 or so ores to the game, changes how ores spawn and the spawn rate is configurable. We could install it, increase spawn rates of less rare metals like copper, decrease some iron spawning, etc., etc.
However, we would then have to wait for the mod to update... Also, the mod requires Forge. And a modified .jar to play on servers with it.

Maybe then... a mod that randomizes mob spawn rates? Like, on a scale of 1-10, 10 being practically swarms of mobs spawning, each night the mod randomly picks a rate and uses it for the night. With zombies now breaking down doors, it should be a lot more challenging.

RE: Minecraft Legitimate Map Reset: Vote on it! - Michael - 02-29-2012

uhm ores probably shouldn't be fucked with, too easy to unbalance everything.

but yeeeahhh super swarms of zombies. smashing up your windows Big Grin encourage people to cooperate a bit more to survive. Maybe not swarms of creepers though...