[mR] Forums
Need Some Video Game Help, Guys - Printable Version

+- [mR] Forums (https://mikes-revenge.net)
+-- Forum: Revenge Forums (https://mikes-revenge.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://mikes-revenge.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+---- Forum: General Chat (https://mikes-revenge.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Thread: Need Some Video Game Help, Guys (/showthread.php?tid=2101)

Pages: 1 2 3

Need Some Video Game Help, Guys - GeneralApathy - 03-21-2012

I'm in dire need of some new vidya to play, guys. Haven't bought a game in practically 5 months, and now I'm unsure about what to get.

I've got a PS3 and a limited PC in terms of graphics.

Got any suggestions for games to get? All recommendations would be appreciated. No MMORPGs, or really MMOs for that matter though; too addictive. Thanks for replying.

RE: Need Some Video Game Help, Guys - craigpd - 03-21-2012

It all depends on what type of games you are into;Shooters, Stratagey, Simulation, Role-playing or building.

If you give us an idea of what games you like we can help alot more.

But anyway, the game series that I can't stop playing right now is the Total war series, Shogun 2 being the newest but my favourite has got to be Rome:Total war or Medieval:Total war.

If you want more futuristic stratagey games then try the command and conquer series, or supreme commander,supreme commander being the more Pc intensive,youtube it for the epic graphics XD

Shooters, I would suggest any of the free ones that are on steam like VaL or Tf2.
But taking into account that you are also on PS3, Battlefield 3 or Call of duty Modern Warfare 3 are the most popular, but other games like the Tom Clancey games are also very fun, For the Clancey series I would recommend Rainbow six: Vegas 2.

Going back to Pc games a great game that isn't very intensive is Unreal Tournament, all of being being amazing which I am baws on.

Role-playing just has to be the Sims games, or if you want something more medieval I suggest the Guild Wars games, they are MMO but I don't find them too addicting when I play them at my friend's house.

This is just about all I can think of right now, But do let us know your favourite genre so we can help much more!

RE: Need Some Video Game Help, Guys - runb4ikillyou - 03-21-2012

Rift Will consume your time. I love it.

RE: Need Some Video Game Help, Guys - GeneralApathy - 03-21-2012

Oh, yeah, probably should have put that up there. I'm a big fan of strategy and shooters, some RPGs, and racing can be fun. Kinda a wide amount of games to pick from; sorry about that. XD

RE: Need Some Video Game Help, Guys - runb4ikillyou - 03-21-2012

Ever tried Supreme Commander? or the stand alone Forged alliance. Great Strategy game. Mass Scale. dont bother with the second one, made by another company and it sucks. Sins of a Solar empire is a good Strategy game too, unique in its way. And of course my Game of the moment is Civ V. great games

As for shooters, Singularity was a good one.

RE: Need Some Video Game Help, Guys - craigpd - 03-21-2012

Then in that case General.

Command and conquer has released its latest game onto playstation 3 aswell,Red alert 3 is a very good game but Red alert 2 was my favourite.

RPG games, now their abit trickier as all people have their own type of RPG; medieval, futuristic, modern, horror etc. But one you may like is Demon souls, a fun game but VERY difficult, rated one of the hardest ps3 games ever released.

Racing, I recommend Racedriver Grid or Colin Mcrae Dirt 3. Both fun games but I prefer the Need for Speed series, Prostreet being my favourite.

Shooters, Well any of the new Battlefield games or CoDs will do,But Unreal tournament is an amazing game and easy to master. As PC shooters go I highly suggest you install Tf2 from steam,it is free with the option to buy items and get premium.

Stratagey, you MUST play the total war series or Supreme commander. you have not played stratagey untill you have played those games. You may also want to check out the stronghold series aswell.

RPG. You will be ever so happy to know that blizzard are soon to be releasing Diablo 3,the newest addition to an amazing series,but you will need to play the first two to understand what the fuck is happening, the first two of the series are pretty cheap and quite fun.

RE: Need Some Video Game Help, Guys - Adam - 03-21-2012

Here are a series of good games to play. Which I played or have seen people play which is great
Rated 8.5-10 from IGN

Mass Effect 1,2,3 (Great Long RPG Game Play)
-IGN Rating 9.5/10

Uncharted 1,2,3 (Amazing Graphics and Story - Definitely worth it if you get the Bundle for all 3)
-IGN Rating 10/10

Dead Space 1,2 (Outstanding Survival Horror for a Long Game Play)
-IGN Rating 9.25/10

Assassin's Creed 1, 2, Brotherhood, Revelations (Good Game Long Game Play)
-IGN Rating 9.25/10

Elder Scroll: Skyrim (Long Game Play Amazing Game)
-IGN Rating: 9.5/10

Battlefield 1,2, Bad Company 1, Bad Company 2, 3 (Great FPS Shooter/Multiplayer)
-IGN Rating 9.5/10

RE: Need Some Video Game Help, Guys - Flatcher - 03-21-2012

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59026.0

RE: Need Some Video Game Help, Guys - GeneralApathy - 03-21-2012

(03-21-2012, 07:18 PM)Flatcher Wrote: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59026.0

Not sure what that's about. o.o

Anyway, thanks for the help so far. I had Supreme Commander (The Original), but lost it when I moved, so I'm thinking about that one. (Which would be a better choice? Forged or the original?)

I also have the original version of Sins of a Solar Empire, but I've seen they released some Trinity version. I'm assuming that comes with the other expansion packs, just in one convenient bundle (confirmation, please? D: Also, anyone know anything about the upcoming rebellion pack?).

Thanks so far for the suggestions guys; they've been fantastic, and if you can get any more, it'd be great!

RE: Need Some Video Game Help, Guys - Towelie - 03-21-2012

PLAY DWARF FORTRESS. SO GOOD. NOT FOR CASUALS AND CRAIG IS A BADDYLOTO