[mR] Forums
The Yearly RP - Printable Version

+- [mR] Forums (https://mikes-revenge.net)
+-- Forum: Revenge Forums (https://mikes-revenge.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://mikes-revenge.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+---- Forum: General Updates (https://mikes-revenge.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=91)
+---- Thread: The Yearly RP (/showthread.php?tid=2868)

The Yearly RP - DrKamina - 03-15-2013

It's that time again.

This time, a new map and possibly and hopefully a new method.
Map is Rp_Industrial17, an expansive city of twists, turns and alleyways with countless buildings.

The typical Combine/Civi interaction will happen, but with something new.
Instead of "One Rebel group", there will be as many as people choose to form.
Think gang wars, civi's could form gangs and take territory.
All the while Combine will continually crush any resistances from either group.

But this will allow you to choose how you want to be.
Just prepare for the results of the actions you make.

Combine have a complete lockdown method of the city, which will isolate many different districts to keep people from escaping.
They can also use Striders/Choppers/Hunters now as heavy weapons when a fight does not support the favor.

Several new types of combine also exist, including the soon to be feared Juggernaut. This one can take multiple rounds to the head and many to the body before going down.

We want players to think twice before randomly killing combine, or they may bring about something they can't hold back.

The rp will be more casual and fun this time, with roles you assume and decide what to do.
Want to be named something specific? Go ahead.
No more need for a detailed description unless you want to.
Want to act uncivilized with a specific behavior? Do it.
You control your role.
I want to get out a few specific rules that will be in place for characters, you can not avoid them.

1: If you are brought into the nexus prison for a serious crime, that character MAY be perma killed, so try not to get caught.
2: If the combine capture a VIP, you may be mounted on a wall for all of eternity as a prize (no joke)
3: Morgan Freeman is your city administrator figurehead, you should be happy.

Instead of the usual patrol combine do, they will move in groups, unless a specialized unit, armed heavily and can take a beating this time.
This will decrease the constant killing of them, and make things more difficult.

We have also planted a Black Market dealer somewhere in the map, he will sell to anybody who has the tokens or guns/items for trade.
Combine can't touch him, nor can any group, think of it as a neutral character.

The map is also seeded with weapons and items hidden here and there for people to find, you might be very lucky at some point.
There are enough buildings and rooms to fit over 100 players with ease, and plenty of secret hideouts, we leave the finding of them to you.

When a gang forms and has a strong grip on a chunk of territory, I will help them mark it with text and doorwise once it's been confirmed.

So that's all, I guess we will see how things go as they happen, the server will be ready this Monday night.

RE: The Yearly RP - craigpd - 03-15-2013

Seems fun. Hopefully this time I can sort of my shit and get more than 15 fps..

RE: The Yearly RP - Blargh_14 - 03-15-2013

Maybe the RP being loosened and the threats increased will fit the community better.

Sounds cool. Hope to be there on monday.

RE: The Yearly RP - southwarrior - 03-15-2013

So I havent been on in a while so what game is this? Gmod? finally got a computer to run games lol Figured I should have gotten one earlier

RE: The Yearly RP - Xxhog622 - 03-15-2013

I didn't read the whole thread due to the fact that is so long and hard to read. No pun intended. But from what I skimmed it looks fucking amazing. I would probably be on right away if i new the IP...

RE: The Yearly RP - craigpd - 03-15-2013

It's not that long..

RE: The Yearly RP - Eli - 03-15-2013

I WOULD LIKE TO BE A COP TO IMPROVE THE PLAYERS PERSPECTIVE AND KILL MORE CITIZENS DOING NOTHING. /THREAD.

RE: The Yearly RP - DrKamina - 03-16-2013

It isn't a matter of long lasting rp, it's a matter of the time we do play that it remains fun.