[mR] Forums
Legit server map reset - Printable Version

+- [mR] Forums (https://mikes-revenge.net)
+-- Forum: Revenge Forums (https://mikes-revenge.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: All Games (https://mikes-revenge.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Forum: Legit Survival (https://mikes-revenge.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+---- Thread: Legit server map reset (/showthread.php?tid=2895)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Legit server map reset - Oink_mR - 04-05-2013

Me and gamethan think it's time for a fresh map on the legit server. It's been quite a long time since we've gotten one.

But I have a question, would it be possible to copy a build over? The build we want to transfer is called "The Bowl". It's a massive place and took ages to dig out & build, and we don't want all that time to go to waste. We don't want any of the items that are in the chests, just the bowl itself. Everything else, though, should be a fresh start.

Edit: Ignore this ^

RE: Legit server map reset +keeping a build - dmanrules - 04-05-2013

Yeah the map does really need a reset.

RE: Legit server map reset +keeping builds - gamethan - 04-05-2013

I really hate to say it, but its time to start over.

There have been great memories on there. From building my first dirt hut to having a christmas party with the regulars. It will dearly be missed when it gets reset.

It will not only help with getting some (old) regulars back on the server, it will also spawn new people. It would overall be good for the server, besides the tremendous, hard to deal with loss of memories

For those of you who dont know, the map hasn't been reset since like, 1.9 or something.

So yeah. Mike, Michael, Other significant members who I have no clue about their power over the legit server but are honored in silence, Oink, and I, ask for you to give the gift of a map reset.

RE: Legit server map reset +keeping a build - __M - 04-05-2013

with haste 2 beacon we could rebuild the bowl in a short amount of time, no need to transfer anything over. if we do a reset, would prefer it be a clean one. probably with next update it would be time for an update. everything near spawn is a wasteland by now, and most land is old. so old you find no emeralds.

RE: Legit server map reset +keeping a build - Oink_mR - 04-05-2013

Alright then, I'm fine with a completely fresh restart. Preferably quick though, there's really not much left to do anymore.

RE: Legit server map reset +keeping a build - dmanrules - 04-05-2013

Yeah I don't think it's worth waiting for the next update because nobody will want to build stuff knowing it will be deleted soon, maybe a few days warning though because we plan on having some fun blowing up the old map.

RE: Legit server map reset +keeping a build - gamethan - 04-05-2013

Yeah. I definitly say sooner rather than later. the next update could pull a 1.5 and get delayed again, and again, and again and AGAIN! There isnt too much to do around there, and its time to move on. Embrace the Change. Feel the Change. Love the Change.

RE: Legit server map reset +keeping a build - Oink_mR - 04-06-2013

Yeah it would be nice to have the server reset sometime soon; we're all anxious to start over again.
And like gamethan said, the new update probably won't be out for a while.

RE: Legit server map reset +keeping a build - bmanrules - 04-06-2013

I agree, I went on not too long ago and regen'd the area around spawn, but after a few days it was wrecked again. The map is long in need of a reset and now is the perfect time to reset it

RE: Legit server map reset - Jakes - 04-06-2013

Hey, Mike I would agree, I think the server needs a reset!!! I'm with gamethan there have been a lot of memories with this server and its hard to get rid of the memories, but we need to start with a new and fresh map and explore new maps.... I hope u take it into consideration. Also I am a very active member on this server and would like to be an op. Gamethan agrees that I should get ranked to an op. This is a great server and I believe they need someone like me and all the others ops to make it even better!!! My username is jpime99 Thanks, jpime99