[mR] Forums
New World for Legit? - Printable Version

+- [mR] Forums (https://mikes-revenge.net)
+-- Forum: Revenge Forums (https://mikes-revenge.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: All Games (https://mikes-revenge.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Forum: Legit Survival (https://mikes-revenge.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+---- Thread: New World for Legit? (/showthread.php?tid=3065)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: New World for Legit? - bmanrules - 09-10-2013

Amplified is supposed to require a "beefy" PC because of the amount of blocks being rendere, but I don't think it matters too much

RE: New World for Legit? - georgecreeper - 09-10-2013

I don't think we should bring anything over because it is a legit server. Also i think normal because Amplified is
cool but it will soon get old and people with not very good computer will struggle to play on the server. It also ruins every biome with everything being so high.

RE: New World for Legit? - Axehacker32 - 09-10-2013

As I think I said at one point, why not try Amplified for a week or 2 and then see if we still want it? No harm in just seeing how it is.

RE: New World for Legit? - Michael - 09-10-2013

It's legit. It's intended to be base mode minecraft. Something like that would have to go on another server.

RE: New World for Legit? - gamethan - 09-10-2013

well said, judge Michael. On the note of the new legit, a few regulars and I (specifically __M, RecurveZz, 876935(?) maybe Axehacker) are thinking of making a mega colony this new map, where we all have a place to build either a place to stay, or just a fun structure to proclaim your building abilities. I'm currently designing the blue prints for it, so the point is, any ideas as to what needs to be in there? we are putting the bowl (ask __M or me on legit what that is if you don't know) and lots of 60x60 building plots. I also have auto farms designed for the place, and 2 activity center-type areas. Any ideas are gratefully accepted and will be thought about!

RE: New World for Legit? - 876953 - 09-10-2013

I agree, amplified would be less vanilla, because vanilla is plain minecraft. in our case, we already have some non vanilla stuff, so we should try to keep it simple if we can, especially so regs like me don't get frustrated with lag.
:::::::::Merged Post::::::::::
(09-10-2013, 06:05 PM)gamethan Wrote: well said, judge Michael. On the note of the new legit, a few regulars and I (specifically __M, RecurveZz, 876935(?) maybe Axehacker) are thinking of making a mega colony this new map, where we all have a place to build either a place to stay, or just a fun structure to proclaim your building abilities. I'm currently designing the blue prints for it, so the point is, any ideas as to what needs to be in there? we are putting the bowl (ask __M or me on legit what that is if you don't know) and lots of 60x60 building plots. I also have auto farms designed for the place, and 2 activity center-type areas. Any ideas are gratefully accepted and will be thought about!

should we start another forum on that so the people not wanting to be in the colony dont have to worry about all this jazz?

RE: New World for Legit? - Clamington - 09-10-2013

I vote no against amplified, while it does look cool it makes it so that there is almost no flat land available... as to the colony, probs wont live there but i could build a hut lol

RE: New World for Legit? - 876953 - 09-11-2013

So i think its pretty much agreed, no amplified, and no bringing back items. But should we do large or regular size biomes?

RE: New World for Legit? - EvilLink - 09-12-2013

This is a hard question to answer. Either you go for regular biomes and find many different biomes quicker, or you go large biomes and you get bigger of every biome (which means bigger of your favorite biomes :D) I would say regular biomes, since we did large biomes for this current map, and i kinda want variation. I personally don't like seeing a certain biome for thousands of blocks.

RE: New World for Legit? - Oink_mR - 09-12-2013

Going with no for amplified world generation too, I'd rather stick with the original generation

has a more "legit" feeling to it