[mR] Forums
Suggestions - Printable Version

+- [mR] Forums (https://mikes-revenge.net)
+-- Forum: Revenge Forums (https://mikes-revenge.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: All Games (https://mikes-revenge.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Forum: Build1 (https://mikes-revenge.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=61)
+---- Thread: Suggestions (/showthread.php?tid=3160)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Suggestions - Starkiller666 - 01-02-2014

then don't and stop complaining, we are here to help those who want to be helped, NOT THOSE WHO COMPLAIN FOR FUN, now please, stop complaining and go back to legit if build isn't up to YOUR standard's, IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT, build falls into this category, now please stop whining about a server you're next to never on, to anyone else reading this, especially michael or mike, please understand why i'm this angry at this guy.

once again, thank you and good day sir.

RE: Suggestions - Xenol1997 - 01-02-2014

Excellent, I would expect a fellow Welshlander to actually make good points. You basically just copied my reply to the ugly excuse, I've actually been told that before.

Well, just update the old spawn! that was fine, and there was no need to change it.

of course not, Im suggestion that donators can get limited use of world edit.
:::::::::Merged Post::::::::::
(01-02-2014, 11:39 AM)starkiller666 Wrote: then don't and stop complaining, we are here to help those who want to be helped, NOT THOSE WHO COMPLAIN FOR FUN, now please, stop complaining and go back to legit if build isn't up to YOUR standard's, IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT, build falls into this category, now please stop whining about a server you're next to never on, to anyone else reading this, especially michael or mike, please understand why i'm this angry at this guy.

once again, thank you and good day sir.

Well, its nice to see you taking such a mature attitude towards my suggestion.

RE: Suggestions - craigpd - 01-02-2014

Donators already cause issues with "trolling" people with mob eggs and invis potions. Giving them world edit would cause non-stop issues.
We do try to stop people using mob eggs and invis potions, but we can't be on all the time. And usually donors only do this sort of stuff with people they know well on the server, so it's taken as fun and games and no harm done. But when donors try the same stuff with new people to the server, that "fun and games" suddenly becomes quite an issue.. Use your imagination to think what it would be like with world edit access.

Self regioning is bound to be brought up here. We always have people trying to get us to region other people's builds and claim them for themselves. Self regioning would end in half the map belonging to one person and the other half being covered in thousands of overlapping regions. Trust me, this happens on servers with self-regioning.

RE: Suggestions - EvilLink - 01-02-2014

I've started going on build too lately, and I really love the server don't get me wrong, but it can be somewhat difficult at times to build.

1. Lag: One of the biggest reasons I've had a hard time on build is: there is a lot of lag. I'm unsure as to why that is, but it's really hard to build waiting 10 seconds at times to see what you've actually done. I can understand that spawn is laggy, and really I don't mind that since I'm not spending hours at spawn, but it's the whole server. However I notice when there's fewer people it's not as laggy, so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it (maybe its just the amount of chunks loaded and/or entities loaded).

2. Spawn: I personally love the castle at spawn, props to whoever did that, it looks great. However, it looks like the last time the shop was updated was around the 1.5 update, which is over 6-7 months ago. A lot of blocks have been added in, such as the hardened clay, acacia trees, podzol, packed ice, etc. And for someone relatively new to build, they may be wondering "where are all the new blocks?" I know you can ask for these blocks, but what if there are no ops on? Then there's sorta a problem, because you have to search around for them. I've been told that there's a new spawn being made, so this hopefully will be fixed Smile.

3. Magic Carpet: Now I know that everything isnt perfect, but it's such a bad carpet xD. I'm really laggy on the carpet and sometimes I fall through the carpet (pretty sure its client side though since I jump back up after a few seconds). And I do have a redstone build that MC breaks somehow, if the carpet gets near the redstone (a redstone update fixes it though). I think that there must be a better alternative to it, and maybe there's a better plugin out there. I'd be willing to look for one as well.

These are some suggestions I have on how to make build a better and more enjoyable place to play. I'm not asking for creative, just giving some feedback on how I think the server can be improved upon. Thanks:-)

RE: Suggestions - Pascal123 - 01-02-2014

These are just suggestion guys... You don't really need to take it hostile-ly

Xenol, i rarely see you on so i don't really think you should be jumping the gun like that out of nowhere.

We can't necessarily hand out free creative to everybody as people would just grief to hell with it to combat that problem we made a spawn with all the items you would need.

We need donations as servers aren't free, besides, they are donations, nobody needs to give any money if they don't want to.

Other than those two i really don't see any other strong points you are trying to make.

RE: Suggestions - Axehacker32 - 01-02-2014

Yeah the server has some issues, but only a few are bad.
1. Massive lag when a decent amount of people get on (Maybe this is why people never stay on B1 for long?)
2. Messed up spawn. Its a huge pain to go seek out an op for blocks that could easily just be updated at spawn.
Magic carpet really isn't that big of a deal unless 5+ people are on. We all have to understand that almost all of the server's payments are from only a few people (mIKe and the regular donators). We can't expect a 100% lag free server when its just them. Spawn however can be fixed. Heck, if all the ops got on and went through, adding things that aren't there they could be done pretty quick probably, along with stopping all the asking for blocks.

RE: Suggestions - Michael - 01-02-2014

The idea with the survival build is that it's kind of "survival light" ... or maybe "build hardmode" you still have to contend with the difficulty of having mobs that can hurt you, and using hand tools to move and place blocks.
It actually existed in its current state before "creative mode" was implemented as game mode option, and we decided to keep it that way. We have had pure creative servers in the past, and they didn't do that well in terms of popularity. It's intended to be its own quirky little niche of a server, but things like the out of date spawn should really be rectified.

I want to add, I appreciate the time you're taking to write this stuff, dialogue is good. but you should understand B1 is basically being run as a legacy server, not many of the admins actually play anymore, and most of the day to day running is done by OPs/clan members. So there aren't a lot of big changes very often, it'd be good to hear from more of the people running stuff on there day to day, what kind of changes or updates they might like to do, but they tend to be a shy bunch.

RE: Suggestions - bmanrules - 01-02-2014

The lag at the moment is because of Bukkit not being stable afaik. I think the owner of MC neglected it slightly and now just tries to get it to work on the newest updates, but not well. I've never had any real problems with it apart from one update which deleted blocks but that was way back in beta.

RE: Suggestions - Constructer97 - 01-02-2014

Xenol i read your comments and i told you why creative for every new player is a bad idea. For example, if you are building an a person comes along with creative and spawns 900000 ghasts and zombies and creepers with mob eggs and crashes the server how annoyed will you be? Then you have easy access to wither heads and soul sand which, if spammed can destroy any town in its path, Killing one is hard enough with 5 people let alone solo with 20 of them. Creative is granted through donations as its the most effective and efficient way of keeping the server running. Whilst there are other alternatives none are as effective and some are phisable in a real world situation.

RE: Suggestions - Michael - 01-02-2014

(01-02-2014, 02:06 PM)Constructer97 Wrote: There is you, happily building away when suddenly a reg comes alone and spawns 900000000 zombies creepers ghasts and either crashes the server kills you or is a pain. Then they place some soul sand and wither heads and its bye bye your build.

If that is actually happening you need to ban them immediately.