[mR] Forums
Suggestions - Printable Version

+- [mR] Forums (https://mikes-revenge.net)
+-- Forum: Revenge Forums (https://mikes-revenge.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: All Games (https://mikes-revenge.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Forum: Build1 (https://mikes-revenge.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=61)
+---- Thread: Suggestions (/showthread.php?tid=3160)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Suggestions - Constructer97 - 01-02-2014

I do, but ops arent always on, especially early in the morning UK time as most ops are US based. Currently it would only be donators doing that, which is rare. Every regular player having it? That's a whole different kettle of fish. People could join with multiple accounts with different IPs and friends and could continue to ruin people's fun.

RE: Suggestions - Pascal123 - 01-02-2014

It would be extremely difficult to monitor everybody for spawning mobs, plus just about 100 villagers is enough to lag the server to the point that we need 5-10 minutes for a command to work.

One of the reasons why creative for every player is a bad thing

RE: Suggestions - Paperthintelevision - 01-02-2014

Guys...

(01-02-2014, 10:20 AM)bmanrules Wrote: If you want to build in singleplayer, go do it.

Starkiller666: calm your tits, honey

RE: Suggestions - mIKe - 01-02-2014

Xeno makes some REALLY good points.. At one point in time I would have disagreed.
That server was great 3 years ago, since then minecraft itself has changed and Im sure Bukkit has some good creative build mods.

Maybe its time to make some changes?

There's not a lot we can do. Not much has changed from 3 years ago. We can make a new spawn which is less laggy and far more updated, but i personally don't see giving every player creative as a good or necessary change. There can be other forms of donations but not many would work i doubt. We have an effective system as it is, however it is currently weighed down by flaws such as outdated spawn and lack of players and, as evil link quite rightly pointed out, lag.

RE: Suggestions - Pascal123 - 01-02-2014

Well, Demon,MP29,and to some extent Cons and I were kinda discussing ways to get b1 back on its feet 3-4 days ago because we didn't really see anybody else trying but we never decided to make an input despite MP29 telling us we should probably make a thread about it.

RE: Suggestions - Xenol1997 - 01-02-2014

(01-02-2014, 12:31 PM)Pascal123 Wrote: These are just suggestion guys... You don't really need to take it hostile-ly

Xenol, i rarely see you on so i don't really think you should be jumping the gun like that out of nowhere.

We can't necessarily hand out free creative to everybody as people would just grief to hell with it to combat that problem we made a spawn with all the items you would need.

We need donations as servers aren't free, besides, they are donations, nobody needs to give any money if they don't want to.

Other than those two i really don't see any other strong points you are trying to make.

Pascal, Ive been going on the server for the last 3 years, Its only recently that Ive been absent because of other matters.

here is the simple way that my mind is thinking.
  • Whitelist, it may drive a few players away, but surely the sort of players that couldn't be bothered to make a whitelist application wouldnt be great buildersa anyway.
  • Creative. most of the problems people forsee with creative mode are caused by griefers, and the whitelist should have dealt with most of those. For those who slip the net, roll-back could be used surely.
  • World Edit for Doners. Obviously it would have to strictly monitered, with the removal of powers if nessacery, but if someone is serious enough to have got him/herself whitelisted and then spent $20, they should be pretty reliable

Im glad that people are taking my suggestions (to some extent) with some degree of civility. This is just the way I feel, and I notice that a lot of the people who are most against this have creative mode already :\

And thanks mIKe, Im glad we are of the same opinion to some extent.

Roll back isn't an option all the time. I for one am a keen builder and would be very annoyed with frequent roll backs. White lists are good but are not a god send, it's not too hard to fill one in. World edit perhaps, but again just think of the damage it can do if in the wrong hands. I once saw a kid who payed $50 (name was blue something can't quite recall) just to grief when no one was on. World edit would be very useful indeed and would be a great reward for doners, but personally i don't feel its worth taking that risk, it could result in a new map, un-repairable damage done etc...
I respect your opinion Xenol1997, i'm not saying your argument is invalid and i am grateful for your input, but i feel there are flaws with some of your suggestions and that creative for every player isn't an option in MY opinion.

RE: Suggestions - Xenol1997 - 01-02-2014

(01-02-2014, 03:39 PM)Constructer97 Wrote: Roll back isn't an option all the time. I for one am a keen builder and would be very annoyed with frequent roll backs. White lists are good but are not a god send, it's not too hard to fill one in. World edit perhaps, but again just think of the damage it can do if in the wrong hands. I once saw a kid who payed $50 (name was blue something can't quite recall) just to grief when no one was on. World edit would be very useful indeed and would be a great reward for doners, but personally i don't feel its worth taking that risk, it could result in a new map, un-repairable damage done etc...
I respect your opinion Xenol1997, i'm not saying your argument is invalid and i am grateful for your input, but i feel there are flaws with some of your suggestions and that creative for every player isn't an option in MY opinion.

then perhaps you should contribute helpful ideas rarther than just get shirty with me :P Don't get me wrong, I love the miles revenge servers, I've been on them long enough to. But it pains me to see the way that the build server has declined recently. mIKe put his finger on the point of course, mine craft has changed considerably since then. I can't remember, but had creative even been created when the server started? It would be great if instead of angrily denouncing my suggestions, people could try and contribute.