[mR] Forums
Suggestions - Printable Version

+- [mR] Forums (https://mikes-revenge.net)
+-- Forum: Revenge Forums (https://mikes-revenge.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: All Games (https://mikes-revenge.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Forum: Build1 (https://mikes-revenge.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=61)
+---- Thread: Suggestions (/showthread.php?tid=3160)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Suggestions - Constructer97 - 01-02-2014

Just because i am disagreeing with you doesn't mean i'm being shirty. I've made a fair share of suggestions in the past, some listened to some not. I'm no genius i'm just saying that some options aren't going to work. people are contributing and i said im not denouncing your suggestions. If some people disagree and some agree that's not rude or "being shirty" that's just expressing a different view and a different opinion

RE: Suggestions - Pascal123 - 01-02-2014

Quote:Whitelist, it may drive a few players away, but surely the sort of players that couldn't be bothered to make a whitelist application wouldnt be great buildersa anyway.

I wouldn't see why not, all we ever get is some new players who stay at spawn and leave or grief around spawn then leave anyways.

Quote:Creative. most of the problems people forsee with creative mode are caused by griefers, and the whitelist should have dealt with most of those. For those who slip the net, roll-back could be used surely.

This could be done, there is a rollback command that only rollbacks a specific players changes for a specified period of time, and it shouldn't be hard to find creative griefs.

Quote: World Edit for Doners. Obviously it would have to strictly monitered, with the removal of powers if nessacery, but if someone is serious enough to have got him/herself whitelisted and then spent $20, they should be pretty reliable

This is true but there would be no way to revert any worldedit changes i believe, the only defense we would have would be to keep a really watchful eye on any donators which would be difficult.

RE: Suggestions - Xenol1997 - 01-02-2014

(01-02-2014, 03:59 PM)Pascal123 Wrote:
Quote:Whitelist, it may drive a few players away, but surely the sort of players that couldn't be bothered to make a whitelist application wouldnt be great buildersa anyway.

I wouldn't see why not, all we ever get is some new players who stay at spawn and leave or grief around spawn then leave anyways.

Quote:Creative. most of the problems people forsee with creative mode are caused by griefers, and the whitelist should have dealt with most of those. For those who slip the net, roll-back could be used surely.

This could be done, there is a rollback command that only rollbacks a specific players changes for a specified period of time, and it shouldn't be hard to find creative griefs.

Quote: World Edit for Doners. Obviously it would have to strictly monitered, with the removal of powers if nessacery, but if someone is serious enough to have got him/herself whitelisted and then spent $20, they should be pretty reliable

This is true but there would be no way to revert any worldedit changes i believe, the only defense we would have would be to keep a really watchful eye on any donators which would be difficult.

wouldn't world edit changes still be effected by roll back?
:::::::::Merged Post::::::::::
I can't even connect anymore, I just keep getting an error message :P

RE: Suggestions - Pascal123 - 01-02-2014

Not by a player specified rollback, i think it would need to be a server rollback.

The server is down.

RE: Suggestions - bmanrules - 01-02-2014

(11-02-2013, 09:31 AM)dmanrules Wrote: I still think an in-game reward system for voting is the best way to go about advertising, we never really got the plugin up and running when I brought up the idea but it's not too late to try. (http://mikes-revenge.net/forum/Thread-minecraft-servers-advertising)

I think we should have a look at this. Dman suggested it a while ago but it never got implemented. We could have votes for rarer items in game and possibly restart the PvP server.

@Regs, is MC really that bad? I never thought it was but it's been a while since I properly used it. Giving all players creative will end horribly, but what about giving them access to /fly instead of MC?

And idea that could work, would be if you had /fly, and too many items. Because you can configure servers to not allow certain items to be spawned (TNT/lava/water). The /fly command is a good idea, but doesnt get rid of the problem of having to spend ages going to and from spawn gathering items, not to mention the time it takes to break blocks :P My current build is a massive aircraft carrier made of iron, and the horror of having to break a load of iron blocks is a traumatising experience.

(01-02-2014, 04:53 PM)Xenol1997 Wrote: And idea that could work, would be if you had /fly, and too many items. Because you can configure servers to not allow certain items to be spawned (TNT/lava/water). The /fly command is a good idea, but doesnt get rid of the problem of having to spend ages going to and from spawn gathering items, not to mention the time it takes to break blocks :P My current build is a massive aircraft carrier made of iron, and the horror of having to break a load of iron blocks is a traumatising experience.

TMI is a client-side mod that basically runs the /give command in Multiplayer. People could easily give themselves large amounts of banned blocks, plus, they'd have to install it themselves, which from personal experience many people can't do. You can't actually configure servers to do that without a Bukkit plugin by the way, and this takes away from people who want to use water, lava and tnt in their builds (without abusing it). It doesn't take long to type /spawn and then /back, so I don't see the problem. If it takes you long to break blocks, go to spawn and get yourself a set of *free* diamond tools.

(01-02-2014, 04:58 PM)bmanrules Wrote:
(01-02-2014, 04:53 PM)Xenol1997 Wrote: And idea that could work, would be if you had /fly, and too many items. Because you can configure servers to not allow certain items to be spawned (TNT/lava/water). The /fly command is a good idea, but doesnt get rid of the problem of having to spend ages going to and from spawn gathering items, not to mention the time it takes to break blocks :P My current build is a massive aircraft carrier made of iron, and the horror of having to break a load of iron blocks is a traumatising experience.

TMI is a client-side mod that basically runs the /give command in Multiplayer. People could easily give themselves large amounts of banned blocks, plus, they'd have to install it themselves, which from personal experience many people can't do. You can't actually configure servers to do that without a Bukkit plugin by the way, and this takes away from people who want to use water, lava and tnt in their builds (without abusing it). It doesn't take long to type /spawn and then /back, so I don't see the problem. If it takes you long to break blocks, go to spawn and get yourself a set of *free* diamond tools.

You can?! silly me! Ive been punching this iron all this time -_-

I dont pretend I know all the answers, perhaps if you spent as much time scalping my ideas as you did coming up with them, we could have solved this by now.
Spent as much time scrapping is was I wanted to say*
How about a separate creative server where only trusted members are whitelisted.

(01-02-2014, 05:08 PM)Xenol1997 Wrote:

I dont pretend I know all the answers, perhaps if you spent as much time scalping my ideas as you did coming up with them, we could have solved this by now.
How about a separate creative server where only trusted members are whitelisted.

I never said you were pretending, I just providing a counter-argument. Giving everyone creative is the only proper thing you've suggested so far
(Too many items requires OP to work on Multiplayer, and MC-Edit requires the server to be shut down and the world level.dat to work) and we said no to it. Fly could probably replace MC, but it's not that hard to travel to and from spawn with commands. If we had a trusted members only server, Everyone would play there instead (like you said, B1 is mainly regulars at the moment) and B1 would just be neglected.

(01-02-2014, 05:45 PM)bmanrules Wrote:
(01-02-2014, 05:08 PM)Xenol1997 Wrote:

I never said you were pretending, I just providing a counter-argument. Giving everyone creative is the only proper thing you've suggested so far
(Too many items requires OP to work on Multiplayer, and MC-Edit requires the server to be shut down and the world level.dat to work) and we said no to it. Fly could probably replace MC, but it's not that hard to travel to and from spawn with commands. If we had a trusted members only server, Everyone would play there instead (like you said, B1 is mainly regulars at the moment) and B1 would just be neglected.

and whats the problem with that?! As you say only regulars play, if there is a better option for them, then we could just convert b1! it just seems that everything I'm saying is just been related back to me, but as an counter point!