[mR] Forums
Suggestions - Printable Version

+- [mR] Forums (https://mikes-revenge.net)
+-- Forum: Revenge Forums (https://mikes-revenge.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: All Games (https://mikes-revenge.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Forum: Build1 (https://mikes-revenge.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=61)
+---- Thread: Suggestions (/showthread.php?tid=3160)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Suggestions - Xenol1997 - 01-03-2014

(01-03-2014, 12:02 PM)Constructer97 Wrote: Perhaps, and this is an idea and it may not work but it could. What if there are two worlds on b1, one for regulars and one for trusted members. The world for regulars are for new players who start off with how b1 is currently atm, items at spawn magic carpet etc. The other world would only be accessible to trusted members. If you are op/mR/admin you get automatic access there. If you have been on the server for over 6months say, you can donate a fixed amount of money to get there and you limited creative, too many items or whatever that mod is called. There is no need for another server, as another server would just mean more money mIKe would have to spend. It still brings in the donation factor and its something that xenol would benefit from seeing as hes been here for 3 years. I doubt there would be many regular players willing to wait 6 months just to grief, especially with added protection and roll back to prevent grief. Like i say it's just a suggestion it may or may not work. Similar to previous comments

I agree with everything you say, although I'm confused, are you saying that you can either wait the designated time to get in? and donating is a fast pass, or is donating a mandatory thing to get into the trusted world?

RE: Suggestions - bmanrules - 01-03-2014

(01-03-2014, 12:14 PM)Xenol1997 Wrote:
(01-03-2014, 12:02 PM)Constructer97 Wrote: Perhaps, and this is an idea and it may not work but it could. What if there are two worlds on b1, one for regulars and one for trusted members. The world for regulars are for new players who start off with how b1 is currently atm, items at spawn magic carpet etc. The other world would only be accessible to trusted members. If you are op/mR/admin you get automatic access there. If you have been on the server for over 6months say, you can donate a fixed amount of money to get there and you limited creative, too many items or whatever that mod is called. There is no need for another server, as another server would just mean more money mIKe would have to spend. It still brings in the donation factor and its something that xenol would benefit from seeing as hes been here for 3 years. I doubt there would be many regular players willing to wait 6 months just to grief, especially with added protection and roll back to prevent grief. Like i say it's just a suggestion it may or may not work. Similar to previous comments

I agree with everything you say, although I'm confused, are you saying that you can either wait the designated time to get in? and donating is a fast pass, or is donating a mandatory thing to get into the trusted world?

I'm assuming it's donate after a fixed amount of time

(01-03-2014, 12:16 PM)bmanrules Wrote:

Well, that doesn't put me in a better situation :P
:::::::::Merged Post::::::::::
If I had the expendable cash to able to donate, then i would have, and this thread wouldn't exist :P

(01-03-2014, 12:19 PM)Xenol1997 Wrote:

If I had the expendable cash to able to donate, then i would have, and this thread wouldn't exist :P

Well servers aren't free :P

(01-03-2014, 01:22 PM)bmanrules Wrote:
(01-03-2014, 12:19 PM)Xenol1997 Wrote:

Well servers aren't free :P

You have an amazing ability to state the obvious -_-

RE: Suggestions - EvilLink - 01-03-2014

(01-03-2014, 12:02 PM)Constructer97 Wrote: Perhaps, and this is an idea and it may not work but it could. What if there are two worlds on b1, one for regulars and one for trusted members. The world for regulars are for new players who start off with how b1 is currently atm, items at spawn magic carpet etc. The other world would only be accessible to trusted members. If you are op/mR/admin you get automatic access there. If you have been on the server for over 6months say, you can donate a fixed amount of money to get there and you get limited creative, too many items or whatever that mod is called. There is no need for another server, as another server would just mean more money mIKe would have to spend. It still brings in the donation factor and its something that xenol would benefit from seeing as hes been here for 3 years. I doubt there would be many regular players willing to wait 6 months just to grief, especially with added protection and roll back to prevent grief. Like i say it's just a suggestion it may or may not work. Similar to previous comments

I like this idea, the only thing I can see as a problem is how the maps will be situated with builds and etc.

RE: Suggestions - Constructer97 - 01-03-2014

There is an old world and new world atm, the builds from the old world can still be copied across

But we don't want it becoming a thing where everyday ops are copying builds over from the creative world. Sure, the odd build or two, but copying them all will just end up being a nightmare. If we have 2 worlds, most builds on those worlds should stay where they are unless they are good enough to be shown off at spawn or something.

RE: Suggestions - Pascal123 - 01-03-2014

Yeah but we wouldn't be having that problem for long, for a bit we would probably have to spend alot of time doing that but after that it would pretty much just be them building there anyways and us really unlikely needing to move any builds

RE: Suggestions - epiclaser - 01-03-2014

mike needs the money to run the servers and donating is the only way to make good money