[mR] Forums
Suggestions - Printable Version

+- [mR] Forums (https://mikes-revenge.net)
+-- Forum: Revenge Forums (https://mikes-revenge.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: All Games (https://mikes-revenge.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Forum: Build1 (https://mikes-revenge.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=61)
+---- Thread: Suggestions (/showthread.php?tid=3160)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Suggestions - Constructer97 - 01-03-2014

If we sacrifice DemonTheGringo to the mighty God Sithis, we will be showering in gold.

RE: Suggestions - stryker123abc - 01-03-2014

I just noticed this thread, and i agree with it to a certain degree.

B1 is dead mainly because:
1. It has been quite neglected as of late (i'm looking at you FTB)
2. spawn is incomplete.

You may say spawn was made on short notice, but that still isn't an excuse for the majority of the new blocks missing. The only one i ever commonly see on build are maxx and a few regs. I myself slowly lost interest in minecraft and build was the only thing keeping me on. I have basically stopped playing due to build being laggy as of late, spawn still looking half-baked, and me jsut being plain unhappy with my builds.

RE: Suggestions - bmanrules - 01-03-2014

(01-03-2014, 09:06 PM)stryker123abc Wrote: I just noticed this thread, and i agree with it to a certain degree.

B1 is dead mainly because:
1. It has been quite neglected as of late (i'm looking at you FTB)
2. spawn is incomplete.

You may say spawn was made on short notice, but that still isn't an excuse for the majority of the new blocks missing. The only one i ever commonly see on build are maxx and a few regs. I myself slowly lost interest in minecraft and build was the only thing keeping me on. I have basically stopped playing due to build being laggy as of late, spawn still looking half-baked, and me jsut being plain unhappy with my builds.

It depends on what timezone you're on too, because a lot of ops and mR do still play, just at different timezones. Dan is working on Spawn at the moment too. I think a lot of players (not just mR but in general) have moved to mini-game style servers like survival games and the likes too, which doesn't help.

RE: Suggestions - Pascal123 - 01-03-2014

Alot of us aren't in European timezones so alot of us wont be on when you are, which is a shame because i notice a good amount of our players tend to be in European timezones.

As for spawn DigittyDan is currently making a new one.

RE: Suggestions - Constructer97 - 01-04-2014

The new blocks being added is difficult. I tried adding the coloured clay which if i am not mistaken is 95:1 for example. It never seems to work though. No idea why. Also, i am on every day so if you need anything i'm on from around 7pm GMT

RE: Suggestions - Ackros - 01-08-2014

wow 7 pages of the same shite being rehashed, cheers for that , i dont have a sonic screwdriver to rewind and recover the last 5 minutes of reading all that.

so many things I could say but actually at the end of the day ,its the same on most community minecraft servers lately, due to many factors , the time of the year, the age group and mentality of the players , new interests, new games, real life events.

Yes it would be nice to see numbers up and maybe adding some new plugins might renew it, but then that no different of adding another MC server with extra plugins such as pokemon server which i was recently asked about, or even Overload pack (ATL) , direwolf20 server (FTB).

In those scenarios you still end up giving people the choice of playing on those servers and not on the build1 server , so there is no quick fix.

Even Build2, which is AT Launcher running Overload Pack, it in a quiet period.

While I can appreciated the frustration Xeno has for making large builds in a survival server, that in itself is where the mistake really lies, one person cant realistically do that on their own, and should get others to join them.

The buycraft donation plugin can help alot with managing whitelists, adding the initial people to it and then let it do the work once people stop being tight and making excuses, then donate , every little helps to pay the bills, it aint free and never was.

If something needs doing like region or other Op help thats what the forums /shoutbox is for.

Hard to believe Xeno been playing for as long as stated and only registered on 25th dec 2013. , xmas day. ..... ......

Based on what xeno and others have said , build2 is the same as if build1 had new and interesting mods added, so then why is it also lacking in players.... tis vicious circle .... you provide them with the mods, features that are interesting /cool and yet very few are playing...

so even if we had multiple servers catering to all tastes you can never keep them all busy.

RE: Suggestions - bmanrules - 01-09-2014

(01-08-2014, 07:47 PM)Gliceas Wrote: wow 7 pages of the same shite being rehashed, cheers for that , i dont have a sonic screwdriver to rewind and recover the last 5 minutes of reading all that.

so many things I could say but actually at the end of the day ,its the same on most community minecraft servers lately, due to many factors , the time of the year, the age group and mentality of the players , new interests, new games, real life events.

Yes it would be nice to see numbers up and maybe adding some new plugins might renew it, but then that no different of adding another MC server with extra plugins such as pokemon server which i was recently asked about, or even Overload pack (ATL) , direwolf20 server (FTB).

In those scenarios you still end up giving people the choice of playing on those servers and not on the build1 server , so there is no quick fix.

While I can appreciated the frustration Xeno has for making large builds in a survival server, that in itself is where the mistake really lies, one person cant realistically do that on their own, and should get others to join them.

The buycraft donation plugin can help alot with managing whitelists, adding the initial people to it and then let it do the work once people stop being tight and making excuses, then donate , every little helps to pay the bills, it aint free and never was.

If something needs doing like region or other Op help thats what the forums /shoutbox is for.

Hard to believe Xeno been playing for as long as stated and only registered on 25th dec 2013. , xmas day. ..... ......

Based on what xeno and others have said , build2 is the same as if build1 had new and interesting mods added, so then why is it also lacking in players.... tis vicious circle .... you provide them with the mods, features that are interesting /cool and yet very few are playing...

so even if we had multiple servers catering to all tastes you can never keep them all busy.

Xenol has been around about 3 years, He just hasn't really been active on the forums, just servers. I think a lot of MC players have moved to Minigame style servers, which probably explains some of the quietness. In regards to B2, A lot of users just don't know how to install mods outside of the FTB launcher, and many have never heard of ATLauncher (The amount of help requests I get installing my mod is crazy, people put the zip in the jar and class files in texturepacks and stuff lol), which is a reason it lacks players.

RE: Suggestions - Xenol1997 - 01-10-2014

(01-08-2014, 07:47 PM)Gliceas Wrote: wow 7 pages of the same shite being rehashed, cheers for that , i dont have a sonic screwdriver to rewind and recover the last 5 minutes of reading all that.

The last couple of pages actually involved some progress making, regarding various possible plugins and ideas. And on the topic of just getting friends to help you, perhaps I'm just an unrealistic perfectionist, but when I build something, I want it to be MY baby. I don't trust people to go messing with my things. Other than that, I can't really see any points there that haven't already been covered.