[mR] Forums
RP server Locations and Lore - Printable Version

+- [mR] Forums (https://mikes-revenge.net)
+-- Forum: Revenge Forums (https://mikes-revenge.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: All Games (https://mikes-revenge.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Forum: MCRP (https://mikes-revenge.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+---- Thread: RP server Locations and Lore (/showthread.php?tid=3226)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: RP server Locations and Lore - nitroft - 04-17-2014

(04-17-2014, 04:17 PM)gamethan Wrote:
(04-16-2014, 07:34 PM)bmanrules Wrote:
(04-16-2014, 07:20 PM)gamethan Wrote:
(04-16-2014, 06:31 PM)nitroft Wrote: Ok when I was playing Skyrim(A game) I was thinking what if this role play server had different races to choose from just like in the elder scrolls. Skyrim has around 10 different races to choose from such as High elfs, Argonians(lizard people), Wood elfs, Breton, Dunmer or dark elfs, Imperials, Khajiit(cat people), Nords, Orcs, or Redguard. So I was thinking you could create your own races to go along with the lore and role play of this server. It doesn't have to be just 10 but as much as you want. Each race could have their own traits and advantages for example one race may be better with archery while another race could have mastered architecture. Each race could also have their own backstory and lore meaning how did they get here or if they did anything in the past. This is just something cool i think should be added to the role play, It may really help with the lore and storyline. Thanks.

That is a well-crafted idea young sir! I have a deep regard for different-race games like that (Old disc version of WoW especially) but, there is a downside. how would there be any order to that? there would be so many details and wierd sh*t lore like "the race of MP29 is immune to all weapons and his only weakness is an orgasm, if you can last that long"

There is a a good idea that I think definitly needs to be added. Maybe find a bukkit plug-in for something like 4 different races? I'm sure there's something out there like a Lord of the Rings Race mod.

Definite yes on the idea.

We could use the Bender plugin I posted (fire nation, water nation, air nation and earth nation)

I'm cool with that besides the fact that 1 element has the obvious advantage through my months of playing on a bending server. If we have a brave code-man that would like to either nerf earth bending a little or add something for air bending, our server would definitly become popular. If we can't do something for that, then I think we should try a diff race mod.

Ok sounds good.

RE: RP server Locations and Lore - bmanrules - 04-17-2014

(04-17-2014, 04:17 PM)gamethan Wrote:
(04-16-2014, 07:34 PM)bmanrules Wrote:
(04-16-2014, 07:20 PM)gamethan Wrote:
(04-16-2014, 06:31 PM)nitroft Wrote: Ok when I was playing Skyrim(A game) I was thinking what if this role play server had different races to choose from just like in the elder scrolls. Skyrim has around 10 different races to choose from such as High elfs, Argonians(lizard people), Wood elfs, Breton, Dunmer or dark elfs, Imperials, Khajiit(cat people), Nords, Orcs, or Redguard. So I was thinking you could create your own races to go along with the lore and role play of this server. It doesn't have to be just 10 but as much as you want. Each race could have their own traits and advantages for example one race may be better with archery while another race could have mastered architecture. Each race could also have their own backstory and lore meaning how did they get here or if they did anything in the past. This is just something cool i think should be added to the role play, It may really help with the lore and storyline. Thanks.

That is a well-crafted idea young sir! I have a deep regard for different-race games like that (Old disc version of WoW especially) but, there is a downside. how would there be any order to that? there would be so many details and wierd sh*t lore like "the race of MP29 is immune to all weapons and his only weakness is an orgasm, if you can last that long"

There is a a good idea that I think definitly needs to be added. Maybe find a bukkit plug-in for something like 4 different races? I'm sure there's something out there like a Lord of the Rings Race mod.

Definite yes on the idea.

We could use the Bender plugin I posted (fire nation, water nation, air nation and earth nation)

I'm cool with that besides the fact that 1 element has the obvious advantage through my months of playing on a bending server. If we have a brave code-man that would like to either nerf earth bending a little or add something for air bending, our server would definitly become popular. If we can't do something for that, then I think we should try a diff race mod.

If I can find the source code for the bending plugin I'll nerf Earth Bending, though I'm not sure if it's open source :3

Edit: The plugin isn't open source, but has permissions support. We could easily just prevent players from using the command.

RE: RP server Locations and Lore - gamethan - 04-17-2014

I honestly think bending should be a last resort kind of thing. I love the mod, but we would have to change the direction of the server a lot and make it a bending rpg. I would be cool with that

P.S. no matter what airbending needs some sort of attack. as of right now the mod makes airbenders as weak as a pig

RE: RP server Locations and Lore - MP29 - 04-18-2014

whats the update on the map,done yet?

RE: RP server Locations and Lore - gamethan - 04-18-2014

I'm fairly sure Xenol got kidnapped by North Korea (thats gamethan talk for he's on vacation) and he has been without a way to communicate to us/he feels no need to talk to us. Patience is key right now Sad

RE: RP server Locations and Lore - Poopoooter - 04-18-2014

Did my comment get deleted?

RE: RP server Locations and Lore - MP29 - 04-19-2014

yes i notice comments are deleted.
why is that?
isnt this a forum to free speak?

RE: RP server Locations and Lore - Poopoooter - 04-19-2014

Yeah it's really annoying - members may as well ignore the forums if there opinions are going to be deleted.

RE: RP server Locations and Lore - Xenol1997 - 04-19-2014

Not Korea, but the north of England :P I can only get on the internet very briefly, and not on a computer, so I'm going to be out for the count for the next week. I suggest someone who is good at world painter makes the map and gets it uploaded ready to start building on, either that or you use my crappy original map or wait a week for me to get back and finish it. Either way, don't loose hope just because things are going slow, as soon as I get back I'll help get things back into top gear Big Grin

RE: RP server Locations and Lore - gamethan - 04-19-2014

I vote we keep the original map we already made plans on, except expand it maybe 10k at least. An easy way would to make the northern continent more of an island and put an ocean between it and the next piece of land. In retrospect the "northern" chunk of land where spawn is would become the center of the map.

We should definitly avoid going through the process of settling who gets what land again.