[mR] Forums
RP server Locations and Lore - Printable Version

+- [mR] Forums (https://mikes-revenge.net)
+-- Forum: Revenge Forums (https://mikes-revenge.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: All Games (https://mikes-revenge.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Forum: MCRP (https://mikes-revenge.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+---- Thread: RP server Locations and Lore (/showthread.php?tid=3226)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: RP server Locations and Lore - gamethan - 04-09-2014

@Xenol Are you expanding the map or redoing the map? I really like the current map, and honestly I don't think we need a bigger one atm because if it were any bigger we would have hardly any interactions between players

RE: RP server Locations and Lore - Xenol1997 - 04-09-2014

Its going to be the same shape, but only an extra 2000x2000 blocks in size, allowing more impressive castles and stuff that aren't too close together.

RE: RP server Locations and Lore - MP29 - 04-09-2014

xenol can i claim the left bottom 2 yellow ones on the left, merged.. that ok?

RE: RP server Locations and Lore - nitroft - 04-09-2014

Cool I like the idea of a bigger map, that way there would be long roads/paths weaving around in the forest for us to venture on horseback and explore the area.

RE: RP server Locations and Lore - MP29 - 04-10-2014

(04-09-2014, 08:40 AM)Xenol1997 Wrote: The problem is that if we gave everyone their own land, then they would be too spread out. Perhaps it would be better if we just had the major cities, and a few villages scattered around, instead of each section being a town.

That way new members will have to actually travel around to choose which city they would want to live in, and there would be more room for PvP.

Exactly.
Now we also get space for nice things, as Ruins, dark forests, maybe a vulcanic area, or a lush watery jungle.
And we'll still have some space left for future developments.

Being able to walk/horseback around with other views than other cities gives a feeling of adventure.

We need to determine then who is going to be a big city, and who a less big but still very nice town / village /settlement.

would you agree?
:::::::::Merged Post::::::::::
Id like to help each area out with voxel if they need a specific shape / hill /mountain / ridge/ ravine whatever.

It would be cool if each area was totally different from the other, like you really come in another land.
(04-09-2014, 04:02 PM)gamethan Wrote: @Xenol Are you expanding the map or redoing the map? I really like the current map, and honestly I don't think we need a bigger one atm because if it were any bigger we would have hardly any interactions between players

interactions between players,
im thinking about that.
im also thinking about
-world ruling.
-drama preventing
-titles
-economy
-rules in battles, they are needed otherwise we'll have alot sneaky things that will happen...
quests in general.
-adventurequests (Meet up with 2 other kingdoms and bring proof, reward with .. )
-mining quests (a stack of something for a nice enhanted something)
-maybe world wide battle quests.
-that we make 2 teams of all kingdoms and do one big epic battle on a field with surrounding mountains!
(all recorded and stuff for advertisements on youtube etc etc)

Il be making a moderate castle with market, trade area for all to trade and meet, big tavern with loads of booze.
and paths going out to all of you, and you need to make each a nice settlement, according to the city planning, as being
a big city town or village.

RE: RP server Locations and Lore - holypengin - 04-10-2014

ive already redone part of the world I've remade the shape haven't done any landmarks yet just the land ive changed sea level from 25 to 40 and most land raises up to 50 to early 60's im going to put a map up on photo bucket of both maps so you can see the difference and if people want me to add stuff like extra islands now would be the time to ask I believe I have made the map bigger too
(04-09-2014, 03:58 PM)Xenol1997 Wrote:
(04-09-2014, 03:55 PM)maxx237 Wrote: I'm in! ....how do i get some land??

Since I have just recreated the map, wait until I get a new map up, then you can choose a section for you Smile

Talking of the new map, the test version took 3 HOURS to render :P
Click Photo To Enlarge

looking at this thought yours might be bigger mine is 10,000x10,000
ill upload them tonight when im sleeping if anyone wants them but make the spawn in the middle island atm due to it making things easier to get to

RE: RP server Locations and Lore - Xenol1997 - 04-10-2014

On the map Ive just finished I have used to better trees World Painter plugin. It might be an idea to do the same on yours penguin.

RE: RP server Locations and Lore - MP29 - 04-10-2014

cant wait cant wait Big Grin
Holy if you find a nice spot for another island or something just place it,
we maybe lateron can use it for something Big Grin

RE: RP server Locations and Lore - Poopoooter - 04-10-2014

This has probably been talked about allready but i am to lazy to read through all of this.... Who is going to be building all the structures? Is it going to be a team effort or are to responsible for the buildings in your designated area? I'm also guessing each colour is a diffrent type of landscape and wealth etc so that will effect the buildings?

RE: RP server Locations and Lore - bmanrules - 04-10-2014

(04-10-2014, 12:39 PM)Poopoooter Wrote: This has probably been talked about allready but i am to lazy to read through all of this.... Who is going to be building all the structures? Is it going to be a team effort or are to responsible for the buildings in your designated area? I'm also guessing each colour is a diffrent type of landscape and wealth etc so that will effect the buildings?

You build your own builds on your own land (of course others can help), and there's no current wealth limit on builds/cities