[mR] Forums
*RP Council - Printable Version

+- [mR] Forums (https://mikes-revenge.net)
+-- Forum: Revenge Forums (https://mikes-revenge.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: All Games (https://mikes-revenge.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Forum: MCRP (https://mikes-revenge.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+---- Thread: *RP Council (/showthread.php?tid=3244)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

*RP Council - MP29 - 04-29-2014

scroll down below

RE: *RP Council - Dutchmerc - 04-29-2014

So without consulting others who are also going to play and build on the RP server, there has been decided to make an RP council? I do not know how much experience you guys have in RP at all and would rather keep all the decisions that need to be made open for discussion in the clan for now.. or bad decisions will be made
Unless you mean this council is in-character with all the lords (of the realm) on it?
I don't want shit on this idea.. but this really comes out of nowhere and it feels like youre trying to leave out all the other people who do care for this (like with the previous map... I still miss it)

RE: *RP Council - mIKe - 04-29-2014

Council is not a bad idea... however I think for now while we shape things it will be more open to the community. I think the idea here is checks and balances to prevent the server from becoming interesting for just one person/group/faction.

Maybe have a rotating council?

RE: *RP Council - ssixx - 04-29-2014

I demand to be on this "council" as "High Lord SsixX, keeper and protector of melons."

RE: *RP Council - MP29 - 04-30-2014

Dutch thankyou for your comment, i understand your point and thats the last thing i want to make happen and thats to exclude you all, what is not even my intention of setting this Council up in the first place.

This Council i setup for the reason that someone needs to do something to get a council going.

All will be done in collective discussions with the clan.

The Council is not person bound, and is always open for ideas and change, new people, new ideas, new visions.

I just started this to see if we could use something like a council
to centralize all the questions and things that will come up in time the server will be live.

So eventually ingame there will be always someone on of the council online where (new) players can go to or talk to if they got a question or an idea, and from there the question (if needed) will be discussed indepth by the clan, and after that maybe in some form implemented in the game.
The council will work out the actions need to be made, and do them, or order players to do so, in form of quests or something.
i got some cool ideas about that too.

Its just a group of people that are the frontoffice in the RP, and the mR Clan is backoffice.
a contact group that knows whats going on ingame and can play the intel back to the clan.
Openminded.
Open for change.

and we ALL will have say in this.

Dont get me wrong Smile
I always think as being the clan and whats best for this server.
And this could be a nice addon to the server.

i had a vision last night,
a bright light came next to my bed and said to me
MP, you need to setup a council ,
so ppl can come to the council for their worries and questions, or needed help...
i just felt we needed somthing like this, how its formed, or in what direction it goes,
that is called future.

And ingame there will be " The Knights of the Square Table "
In my soon to be fortress ill make a big impressive hall with a big square table for all the Lords and Rulers of each of our cities in the world to gather to talk, feast, trade, or plan big things.
This will be linked to the Council in the forums, and from there to everyone.

Work with me here, i'm just spitting out an idea that maybe we all can work out into something that will last for a long time, benefitting us all.

If it doesnt work, im ok with that too.

p.s.
If there's someone else that wants to "shit" on ideas PLEASE do because only with your criticism we can improve and upgrade ideas into a better RP server for us all.

Thanks!!

RE: *RP Council - southwarrior - 04-30-2014

I think its a good idea overall. Definitely gives a little more structure to this one than the last MCRP server we had.

RE: *RP Council - Poopoooter - 04-30-2014

I just want to point out I agree with what Dutch is saying - it kind of ruins the whole community getting involved in the RP server and instead of letting everyone have some power its only certain people.

Ty South,
A bit structure , coordination is needed in a large project as this.
Because honestly someone has to start somewhere with something.
And if everyone just does that on their own without any planning we'll end up building forever.
And several ppl woould like to have a different landscaping of their city so those who can voxel need a plan who helps who.
for instance.

We need some Structure.

No power over whoever.

k?

RE: *RP Council - Poopoooter - 04-30-2014

Yes but if you just kept it an Mr community there is still structure - build or legit have never turned to chaos without a council Smile