[mR] Forums
New Beginnings! - MCRP - Printable Version

+- [mR] Forums (https://mikes-revenge.net)
+-- Forum: Revenge Forums (https://mikes-revenge.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: All Games (https://mikes-revenge.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Forum: MCRP (https://mikes-revenge.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+---- Thread: New Beginnings! - MCRP (/showthread.php?tid=3348)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: New Beginnings! - MCRP - bmanrules - 01-25-2015

(01-25-2015, 08:28 AM)Xenol1997 Wrote:
(01-23-2015, 02:55 PM)bmanrules Wrote:
(01-22-2015, 06:31 PM)Xenol1997 Wrote: Build is a flawed design naturally, and legit is... well boring. RP is a great idea, but it requires work! Unfortunatly I have thing thing called collage which really stops my building as much as I'd like to. (aka at all)

Welcome back,

I guess I kind of fail to see how a build server built for a game who's main focus is creativity is flawed naturally, and Legit has been a bit dead lately, but both are servers that can be used for RP, and Build1 has an RP going on at the moment set in an alternate 1960s which has some pretty awesome builds coming out of it and has been lasting a while. Both servers have been quite dead lately, though Build is starting to pick up a little, which is great, but it's not enough to warrant a new server when we've got two perfectly good Minecraft servers, one of which just got upgraded recently, sitting dead. If you've got suggestions to help make them less boring post them here and we'll take a look at them, but with RP's track record and the current state of our Minecraft servers it's currently unlikely that we'll start a new one for now, Unless enough people show they'd actively play on it more than the current servers :P

The concept of the build server is flawed because creative-mode is rationed as I keep saying. Is it a coincidence that the few people that actually play on it, and build the best things actually have creative mode? The shop system is a pain in the arse, not to mention the fact that it doesn't include all blocks.

Creative isn't rationed on Build1,  There isn't a fixed amount of users who can have creative, you just need to donate to get it. The reason we don't directly give out Creative unless you donate is because servers cost money, and if we offered players a coloured name, or a pet dog or other cosmetic items we wouldn't get any donations at all. Build has been picking up recently, it's had about 7 players on most of the time this weekend, some of whom had creative, some who didn't, but if we give everyone creative it'll axe the few donations we even get at the moment.

RE: New Beginnings! - MCRP - Xenol1997 - 01-25-2015

(01-25-2015, 10:31 AM)bmanrules Wrote:
(01-22-2015, 06:31 PM)Xenol1997 Wrote: Build is a flawed design naturally, and legit is... well boring. RP is a great idea, but it requires work! Unfortunatly I have thing thing called collage which really stops my building as much as I'd like to. (aka at all)

Welcome back,

I guess I kind of fail to see how a build server built for a game who's main focus is creativity is flawed naturally, and Legit has been a bit dead lately, but both are servers that can be used for RP, and Build1 has an RP going on at the moment set in an alternate 1960s which has some pretty awesome builds coming out of it and has been lasting a while. Both servers have been quite dead lately, though Build is starting to pick up a little, which is great, but it's not enough to warrant a new server when we've got two perfectly good Minecraft servers, one of which just got upgraded recently, sitting dead. If you've got suggestions to help make them less boring post them here and we'll take a look at them, but with RP's track record and the current state of our Minecraft servers it's currently unlikely that we'll start a new one for now, Unless enough people show they'd actively play on it more than the current servers :P

The concept of the build server is flawed because creative-mode is rationed as I keep saying. Is it a coincidence that the few people that actually play on it, and build the best things actually have creative mode? The shop system is a pain in the arse, not to mention the fact that it doesn't include all blocks.

Creative isn't rationed on Build1,  There isn't a fixed amount of users who can have creative, you just need to donate to get it. The reason we don't directly give out Creative unless you donate is because servers cost money, and if we offered players a coloured name, or a pet dog or other cosmetic items we wouldn't get any donations at all. Build has been picking up recently, it's had about 7 players on most of the time this weekend, some of whom had creative, some who didn't, but if we give everyone creative it'll axe the few donations we even get at the moment.

Well reasoned logical arguments don't stop me disliking it :P

RE: New Beginnings! - MCRP - Odin Online - 01-26-2015

(01-25-2015, 02:26 PM)Xenol1997 Wrote:
(01-25-2015, 10:31 AM)bmanrules Wrote:

Welcome back,

Well reasoned logical arguments don't stop me disliking it :P

Tough it out.

RE: New Beginnings! - MCRP - Xenol1997 - 01-27-2015

Or just not play games because I have collage, have pretty much no free time, and that I have is hopefully going to be filled with work if I manage to get my sorry arse employed?