[mR] Forums
Games *to* buy this Holiday Season! - Printable Version

+- [mR] Forums (https://mikes-revenge.net)
+-- Forum: Revenge Forums (https://mikes-revenge.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://mikes-revenge.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+---- Forum: General Chat (https://mikes-revenge.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Thread: Games *to* buy this Holiday Season! (/showthread.php?tid=3377)

Games *to* buy this Holiday Season! - bmanrules - 12-18-2014

Herro everyone,
On a lighter note, here's a place where we can suggest games for each other to pick up over the Christmas sales - feel free to suggest some.
Click Photo To Enlarge
Personally, I've been playing a lot of King Arthur's Gold lately (like 400 hours and I really badly need to sleep), and if it goes on sale definitely pick it up. King Arthur's Gold is a little like the lovechild of Chivalry and Terraria - Set in medieval times (though it has a lot of modding support), teams are given time to build up defenses similar to Terraria/Starbound before trying to fight/ctf/point capture and generally destroy each other's castles! It's mainly multiplayer with some limited singleplayer, and definitely a game that's always different due to the huge amount of player generated maps
Click Photo To Enlarge
This one is Dman's favourite game, and is a sandbox exploration game that toys with sanity and mental well-being a lot. Build tools, pick flowers, eat carrots, craft stuff, kill the scottish walruses and survive through winter as you attempt to not starve. I don't play too much of it though Dman's convinced me to play it after DST released, so he'll know a lot more about it than I do. I know a good few members of mR own and play it actively, and the multiplayer add-on alongside the game is currently 75% off on Steam for just €5.
Click Photo To Enlarge
Starbound but less dead. I'm considering it if it goes on sale for cheaper than it is now, it looks like a lot of fun. Also quite closely linked to Terraria and even has some Terraria content in it.
So yeah, hopefully we all discover some new Steam games we might not have known about before, or maybe even find some games we can all play together. Suggestions welcome!

RE: Games *to* buy this Holiday Season! - Axehacker32 - 12-18-2014

I strongly recommend the following:
Metro: Last Light- It's a great post-apocalyptic FPS with a really nice story and great graphics (you're gonna need a kinda beefy computer for this one)

Magicka- An RPG where you play as a wizard who can control the elements, you can design your own combos or use spells found in books. It's really meant to be played with friends, and it is FULL of great easter eggs. I played through it a couple times and would do it more with anyone who gets it, Magicka is a blast

Dead Space 1, 2, or 3-All great games, guaranteed good times (unless you scary easily cough cough link cough cough)

and

warframe.

RE: Games *to* buy this Holiday Season! - Starkiller666 - 12-19-2014

lichdom, battlemage

RE: Games *to* buy this Holiday Season! - Clamington - 12-20-2014

Shadows of Mordor

It's like AC mixed with skyrim but has a decent storyline

RE: Games *to* buy this Holiday Season! - Michael - 12-21-2014

Currently playing Dragon age inquisition. Pretty impressive so far. huge maps, loads of quests, good game play and of course the good story telling you expect from a dragon age game.

If you like turn based rpgs pick up divinity original sin, and wasteland 2. Both brilliant examples of a genre that hasn't had enough love in years!

Far cry 4 is a worthy addition to the series. big map, a million things to do. you can machine gun people down from the back of an elephant. If you liked any of the other far cry games you'll like this one.

RE: Games *to* buy this Holiday Season! - Axehacker32 - 12-23-2014

Garry's Mod is on sale right now, I highly recommend picking it up. Loads of game modes, amazing mods, and totally insane community (CBC, I'm talking about you)